one corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Substrate, flourite.

I have a 45 gallon with a mud/peat/gravel substrate, grows plants well, but VERY messy. The water clouds every time you need ot do anything on the bottom.

Edit:

Went back and looked at the pic, what you are seeing that looks like mud is a very large piece of dark driftwood I collected myself. Angled it across one corner to build a terrace.

Nice tank :wink: , someday when I'm older and got enough cash, I'm gonna have a HUGE tank to.
I notice that you have angelfish, and they need acidic water, right? And you have driftwood. Does the driftwood make your water alkaline or acidic?
Well thanx
Justin

Not sure if the driftwood has any effect on ph. The Co2 injection keeps the ph low, around 6.8. They are happy angel fish!

driftwood has been known to make water more acidic as it leaches tannins into the water.

corvu, i like the natural feel of your tank.

Lights, 440 watts VHO flourescent. Open the canopy when the lights are on, and geeez! you feel like you're being blinded!

This driftwood is very old, was sunk in a lake for years, I guess. Never the slightest hint of tannins, so I'm really not sure how much tannin there is left to leach into my water. Come spring time I'll be adding and/or replacing some of the drift wood, I have some cooloer looking pieces getiing waterlogged right now.

Back
Top Bottom