one more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_newbie

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have 12g with 2 german rams and 7 neon tetras and there has been some hair algae and brown algae growing in my tank ..i was wondering if i can add a fish that would eat both of these in there ..but if not, what should i do?

Your tank seems to be pretty close to capacity as is. Try cutting down on feedings and increase water changes to help take care of excess nutrients. You might also want to try adding a few ghost shrimp to, the rams might eat them, but if not they make a great cheap addition. I have had luck with them eating string algae, but ymmv.

thanks! i feed every other day and i usually do a 20% water change everyday should i increase it to 50%? ill give the shrimps a try :D

Are you doing a water change daily?. I have been told that algae can live off of the minerals in the water. When you add fresh water you are feeding them. You might try weekly water change to see if it helps. Live plants use up the food source of the algae, but you didn't say if you had plants.

i have java fern and anubius nana in my tank ..i heard its usually fast growing plants that would make a difference in algae growth ..but yeah ill make sure to cut down on the water changes

Back
Top Bottom