One of my 10 gal is cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NascarPaul

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One more question for y'all,I can't thank y'all enough for putting up with me.I have 2 10 gal,one is fine,the other is very cloudy.The cloudy tank had an ich problem.Its gone now,had a filter change to put carbon bank in.Other than that,my ammonia test still shows off the charts,its been running 3 weeks so i believe the ammonia test is faulty.I am going to buy a new test kit today.Nitrite levels are at zero.TIA for any help,
Paul

Hi NascarPaul.

When your tank had ich, did you treat the whole tank? If so, then now is the time to do one big water change followed by several little water changes every few days or so. This will help you get rid of anything left in the tank that the filters aren't picking up, and help get rid of any medicine still in the tank. Also, this will help your ammonia level decrease and the clodiness start to go away.

Good luck!

Since you removed your filter, you may be seeing another bacterial bloom as well. As far as the ammonia goes, continue regular water changes (every day if the levels are high). If you have added any kind of ammonia lock you may be getting inacurate information from your test as well.

Back
Top Bottom