one of my Oto's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shacker66

Aquarium Advice Activist
Good morning

One of my Oto's seem to have a wound I put him in QT waiting for medicine.
he has a pencil erase size white spot on his side. He is still active I see him more than the other I am just worried about him. Not sure what is going on if it will just heal on it's own or.... any ideas?

Not positive either.

But keeping a pristine water condition in QT would be the first thing. It sounds like it could be serious.

Check the water conditions on the main tank and make sure it is in tip top shape. Any stress caused by poor conditions will make it worse for fish on the edge of illness.

Get pwc's done asap.

Thanks

This is the one tank I thought was tip top.

The ph is a little low otherwise everything is tip top.

I have been working hard to make sure all is good. Also spending a lot of money

Thanks again

I think he got a wound some how.

I am fixing the ph a little at a time. It isn't to low so it should be just right today.

I am fixing the ph a little at a time. It isn't to low so it should be just right today.
Hello, if ph is only a little high or low fish will adapt. Playing w/ph often leads to injury, disease or death(ph swings).
I lost a female beta(1st & favorite)by trying to make water ideal. Hope this helps you!!!!!

Oto is looking so much better

Oto is looking a lot better but I am afraid he is lonely. When is a good time to put him back? The white spot is a lot smaller and does not look deep anymore.

Really consider leaving him in QT, with daily water changes until healed. You can also add a teaspoon of Epsom salt/ magnesium sulfate (no oils or additives) per gallon. Dissolve it in hot water, add cool water till tank temp
ADD dechlorinator.
You can add this mixture 1/4 at a time, over 24 hours. Then keep this up for a week and see if the is doing well.

You can calculate the amount needed for water changes and make a concentrate.

In my experience, the wounds tend to heal faster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom