One word...waterfall.....well two words....WOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
d042805465.jpg

b042805510.jpg

a042805120.jpg

Edited to include source link:(includes some posts from Gary Wu)
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/photo-album/31522-venturing-into-whole-world-series-four.html

Wow. That is some creative aquascaping.

I wonder what was put in the rocks to resemble water. Looks like polyfill.

(Moved to Planted Aquascaping.)

To my credit I knew this mystery forum existed.I had heard about it the back rooms of smokey pool halls and read about it on little used sites that question who and what happened on 9/11.....i knew it was here,looked twice even.... then just dropped it in planted because I assumed it was all a myth in my own mind lol.

Now I know where to find it...its a SUBFORUM!!!

My apologies for the misplacement.

No I had not.Good goobity goo...that stuff may qualify as underwater art.

Truely outstanding.

I do get the sense that he is in it for the look,and not so much the tank though.....either way he pulls off some great looks,even if thats the only objective.

Those are very nice indeed.

Just a word of warning: Posting copyrighted images without the owner's permission could lead to issues. It is much better to link the site that you obtained the pic from than copying and posting. Please post the website the pic came from.

Holy....Those tanks are the most amazing aquascapes I've ever seen.

Monet, Picasso, Michaelangelo...Gary Wu

Seriously. WOW! is an understatement. I was not prepared.

Maybe the Creative Aquascape Union needs an intern, or a humble servant. :D

bman said:

I don't think it's Polyfill. I think it's a background, and he used similar rocks and plants in the tank to make it look like it's one in the same. Very well done.

Lonewolfblue said:
bman said:

I don't think it's Polyfill. I think it's a background, and he used similar rocks and plants in the tank to make it look like it's one in the same. Very well done.

For a couple minutes I thought you were right, and you might be.

But after scrutinizing them some more, I don't think it's a background. He took a close up shot of the rocks and the "sand water". I don't think he would highlight it if it were a background.

Its not a background. Look at the closeups in the links above. Thats all awesomeness, baby!

Please post the website the pic came from.
Done.

Also it not a background as many have figured out already...The whole process is layed out in the link now provided in the initial post under the last pic.

A lot of aquascapers remove all equipment for the pics, and doing so is standard for contests, just FYI. Some folks disagree with this practice and prefer to capture a tank as it would look on any given day.

I have to agree with you Lone, dry rocks, dry floss, reflections out of place in the other threads and this one. I don't think it is a background though, looks more like an overlay placed into a tank for the picture. Either way it is impressive.

Does anyone know the name of the bright green plant he used at the top right of the first picture?
That tank looks awesome!! If you read the forum where the images come from, you'll see he says he used filter floss.

Back
Top Bottom