Online site that can help you determine how much fish you can have in your tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just thought id add that venustus and auratus arent listed...and if i understood it correctly, it shows that a fluval 305 is good for 30 gallons and a 405 is good for 45 gallons...

So far, I have received rather significant amount of feedback because of the confusion on how to enter your own tank dimension.

As a short term fix, I've changed the way how tank dimensions work. Now it no longer disables input for the tank dimension (so that you can type your own numbers whenever you want) and "User Defined" item is now at the top of the list so that you can see it easily.

Enjoy!

Pretty neat site, kudos on the good work. The only problems I see is that it is saying Angelfish are too aggressive for Diamond Tetras. I would love to see an Angel try to catch a Diamond. :) The same thing with the Angel and neons, too big and too aggressive it says. I haven't noticed that with my neons, infact the only thing my angel has ever eaten was male guppies. I would keep it the way it is though since I have heard many people complain that their angels eat neons.

Pretty neat site, kudos on the good work. The only problems I see is that it is saying Angelfish are too aggressive for Diamond Tetras. I would love to see an Angel try to catch a Diamond. :) The same thing with the Angel and neons, too big and too aggressive it says. I haven't noticed that with my neons, infact the only thing my angel has ever eaten was male guppies. I would keep it the way it is though since I have heard many people complain that their angels eat neons.

I do hear stories about angels eating neons once they hit certain size. I must have put diamond tetras in the same class as neons hence that message. Are you sure Angles are ok with neons? How old are your fishes?

Like I said, I have no problems with my Angel and neons but other people have had problems. Both the angel and the neons are almost 2 years old.

Edit my neons are about 1.5" long, HUGE compared to what they sell at LFS. Makes their neons look like cardinals. My angel is a massive guy, probably close to 5-6" from top to bottom.

Last edited:
Like I said, I have no problems with my Angel and neons but other people have had problems. Both the angel and the neons are almost 2 years old.

Then I'm sure yours is ok... :D But as you suggested, I'll keep this warning flag on for others.

This is really cool. As someone who always has issues with stocking my tanks I can see this being a big help to me personally as well as other beginners. Especially like how you can select your filter, and how you get warnings based on the fishes behavior. Wish I would have had this before I bought Serpae tetras only to later learn they liked to nip fins and have to take them back.

This is really cool. As someone who always has issues with stocking my tanks I can see this being a big help to me personally as well as other beginners. Especially like how you can select your filter, and how you get warnings based on the fishes behavior. Wish I would have had this before I bought Serpae tetras only to later learn they liked to nip fins and have to take them back.

Glad to hear that you find it useful. It will continue to improve in the future, so watch out. :D

nice little site. nothing agaisnt all the hard work put into the website, but the baseline is that it's just another opinion on stocking.

nice little site. nothing agaisnt all the hard work put into the website, but the baseline is that it's just another opinion on stocking.

Yes, I don't think you can completely replace human experience and knowledge with this type of program. But I believe it has its purposes when enough knowledge has been accumulated into it. I am one of those tinker type who likes to constantly think about what to change in my tanks. I use it frequently and works for me even though I have been in this hobby for many years. :D

Plus, I enjoy coding and observing others use code I produced is a form of joy too... :D

Thread locked: violation of Community Rules.

Participants may not post to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a sponsor account has been established and then only in areas here where advertising is expressly permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom