Oops, betta mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frshwaterfinatc

Aquarium Advice Freak
Two of my bettas, a wild female and a large, crimson and teal male spawned recently. I was very happy to see the female lay her eggs while the male fertilized them and then caught them in his mouth and placed them into the bubble nest- this has been the first time I tried to breed a pair. However, before they were finished I had to leave the apartment... as most of you know, the female cannot be left with the male once they have spawned. I came back too late. My once gorgeous male's fins were reduced to shredded stubs, the water was bloody, and the female was preparing for her next attack. Of course, I couldn't leave the male in the water with the blood and fin shards, and the female had to be removed as well. In the process I ended up displacing the bubble nest and ruining my betta's first spawn. :( I'm so upset! Next time I'll be there for the entirety. 8O

Next pair I hope to breed consist of a lovely yellow crowntail female and a red male crowntail. Both are gorgeous and in excellent condition. :) They've been placed so they can see each other, and when they begin to flare and the female swells I'll place her in with the male.

And by the way, does anyone have a silver betta they'd be willing to sell to me? I have one already, but they're my favorite and I'd love to have another. TIA!

Back
Top Bottom