Open bottom fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i don't get it. can the fish swim in and out of the tanks? if not i feel sorry for them...especially that one with all the big fish crammed in there...

I think it's connected to the pond. You pump the air out of the top and the vacuum keeps the water up

Yep, it's a vacuum that keeps the water in the tank. It works the same way if you lifted a glass of water upside down from a tub of water.

soooo the fish can swim in and out of the tanks? so the point is, you have a pond full of fish, and the tanks are there so you can actually see all the fish when they swim into them?

Problem is, if you have it inside your house, forwhatever reason, if that vacuum breaks, your screwed... lol

lol that would be horrible.... it probably be a bit of a mess outside even.... pretty cool though

I wonder if the vacuum ends up putting more stress on the glass?

Anyways.. since it is so close to the street, one rock falling off a truck of a pebble kicked up by a tire could mean like 100 gallons of water, algae and fish.. EVERYWHERE

yeah, right? didn't even think of that. it does look a bit out of place right next to the road with a chain-link fence behind it. they should put up more of a barricade

I would have a 100m stretch, those anti-car barricades, armed guards, overwatch, those guard drones (Korea's making them now with m249's and such), and finally a little chihuahua so I can put the keep out guard dog sign :D

Back
Top Bottom