Opinions on my 10 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trickshot3102

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I was wondering what you think of my 10 gal :) this is my first big tank, I used to have a 3 gal. :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387872887.390636.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387872901.656940.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387872914.506808.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387872930.040203.jpg

Looks good except you need to rehome that goldfish or buy at least a 29 gallon tank.

I would rehome the goldfish then if you can't get one tell next year. He will be stunted which means his body will stop growing but his organs won't. Leading to a painful awful death.

I would also rehome the swordtail they prefer at least a 30in long tank as they are fast swimmers. What temp are you keeping the tank at?

Unfortunately a 10g is still fairly small, so you're still limited on fish choices. Goldfish and swords both require larger tanks. Here are some good suggestions for what does fit in a 10 gallon:
Top 10 for the 10-Gallon Tank | Details | Articles | TFH Magazine®
Stocking a 10 Gallon Tank - The Free Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Encyclopedia Anyone Can Edit - The Aquarium Wiki

Alternatively, you can build your own stocking plan here. It's not perfect, but it at least gets you in the right direction so you can use research and experience to fine tune it from there: AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

Thank you for those links, they helped a lot :) I will try to save for a bigger tank :)

Back
Top Bottom