Opinions on what fish to add...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MermaidGurl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone! I have a 10 gallon tank, and I was thinking of getting more fish to add since one of my guppies died a week or two ago. Right now I have 2 make fancy guppies and 2 peppered Cory catfish? Any ideas on what I could add? Should I add anymore?
Thanks I really appreciate the feedback!

Hey everyone! I have a 10 gallon tank, and I was thinking of getting more fish to add since one of my guppies died a week or two ago. Right now I have 2 make fancy guppies and 2 peppered Cory catfish? Any ideas on what I could add? Should I add anymore? Thanks I really appreciate the feedback!
Add another peppered cory and get a centrepiece fish. Betta or dwarf gourami?

A betta would see the male guppies as a threat and fight with them. Some gourami will too. Peppered cories reach nearly 3 inches and are pretty active fish. I wouldn't keep them in a 10 gallon tank. I would rehome the cories and add more male guppies.

Add another peppered cory and get a centrepiece fish. Betta or dwarf gourami?

That's a pretty good idea! I probably wouldn't get a betta though, but I would really like to have a gourami!
Thanks a ton! I really appreciate it!

A betta would see the male guppies as a threat and fight with them. Some gourami will too. Peppered cories reach nearly 3 inches and are pretty active fish. I wouldn't keep them in a 10 gallon tank. I would rehome the cories and add more male guppies.

Ya, I do agree with you on the betta with the guppy thing. I've had my cories for almost a year now and their not 3 inches so im not sure they will get any bigger, so I probably won't rehome them, but I appreciate the feedback. I've been debating whether or not to add more guppies though.
Thanks, I really appreciate your opinion!

Their probably stunted then which will severely shorten their life span.

I have a couple peppered cories. I never see them, even when I walk up at night I rarely see them. My panda and julli cories on the other hand never stop.

I have a couple peppered cories. I never see them, even when I walk up at night I rarely see them. My panda and julli cories on the other hand never stop.

That's kinda odd. Do you see them when you put the food out?

Any other ideas anyone? I would like to have more than one opinion when I check out the fish at the pet store, thanks!

Checkerboard cichlids if u can find them. They would be just perfect for a 10. Also nano fish like chili rasboras they are tiny but really pretty. Honeycomb catfish. Expensive but worth every penny they have the cutest personalities of any fish I've encountered and they stay small!

Checkerboard cichlids if u can find them. They would be just perfect for a 10. Also nano fish like chili rasboras they are tiny but really pretty. Honeycomb catfish. Expensive but worth every penny they have the cutest personalities of any fish I've encountered and they stay small!

Would a checkerboard cichlid get along with my other fish though??? Chili rasboras are a good idea! Ill definitely consider it, and I'll look into honeycomb catfish, they seem cool.

Back
Top Bottom