Opinions wanted, I think the cycle is good to go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pentiumburner

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here's the scenario 3 weeks ago water in, 2 raw prawns in a nylon, 3 small krill in another nylon. Filter media taken out of established tank also placed in bottom of aquarium.

Tank is a 125 Gallon FW

Water parameters today were: Ammonia zero, Nitrites zero, Nitrates 8-10..

Filters that have been on an running at the start are, 1 Eheim 2228 Pro

and one Eheim 2227 wet/dry with 5 litres of Pro media. Between the filters and the time cycling I am thinking it is time to do a PWC and add fish.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Should be ready for a few fish to start with, just allow the biofilter time to adjust before loading the tank.

Sounds like it is ready, congratulations! Do add some fish but do be careful as mentioned to not overdo it as you will end up with an ammonia spike.

Zagz said:
Sounds like it is ready, congratulations! Do add some fish but do be careful as mentioned to not overdo it as you will end up with an ammonia spike.

Thanks to both, I will definitely start slow with my transfer from my 40 to this one. I would imagine a 20% water change is a good idea before hand.

A pwc would be a good idea, get the nitrAtes down. Be sure to acclimate the fish as if you brought them home from a lfs. A slow drip for a few hours should do it. The water in the tanks is still different. Better safe than sorry.

Good Luck,
Brian

Back
Top Bottom