Opps!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StyleUK

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys,

I cleaned my filter very well yestoday, I know im only supposed to rince it, but It was pretty dirty. I also Vaced my substrate, and I know i'm not ment to do this at the same time, but I got a little silly I suppose and did not think it through.

Will my fish be okay, or will they suffer because of the high load in the tank while its re-cycling?

What can I do to help my fish?

check your water parameters in the coming days and if levels arise, then start a pwc routine until everything is back to normal. Heck, maybe nothing will happen.

Okay,

Thanks, i'll start a 15% PWC everyday, because i've ran out of tests.

Hope all goes smoothly.

I would think youll be alright....you might experience a mini cycle at best, but I dont think it would be anything terribly drastic. If your tank has been established for quite a while I wouldnt think that vac'ing the substrate would make a huge impact. Ive vac'd substrate as well as completely replaced a filter at the same time and didnt see a noticeable change...I've also done it and seen minor spikes in Ammonia levels, but they quickly subsided. All of this was in a ten gallon tank, a little smaller than yours. I would think that your small water changes would keep everything perfectly safe. Good luck!

The PWC should keep the fish safe. After a week, bring a water sample to the LFS and ask them to test it if you still don't have tests.

Thx guys, got test kits now! Water looks fine nothing too high just yet, i'll keep doing the water changes.

Is there a way of cutting down on the algea in a tank, my pleco and the corys arn't that good at it hehe. Is there a better fish to get? Or can I try another technique?

Is there a way of cutting down on the algea in a tank, my pleco and the corys arn't that good at it hehe. Is there a better fish to get? Or can I try another technique?
Reducing the excess nutrients in the water--less feedings, or more PWC. What color is the algae?

just green, there is like a mist of little dots swarming around, I dont understand it, when I do a PWC it goes for a while, then when i go back to feed them its there again :(

Back
Top Bottom