Ordering Fish Online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanimal

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,
I was wondering if you knew of any good online sites that I could order fish from? The fish I am looking for are larger predators like Arowana, Peacock Bass, Tiger Datnoid, Eels, Knife fish, but any website selling fish can help. Recommendations are appreciated. Leave a link or the name of the website below thank you! And I am aware of aquascapelonline.

Myfisheatsyours said:
Personal favorite is liveaquaria

I like it but the fish there are much more expensive than aquascapelonline. $50 vs $85 for a Silver Arowana.

I actually just got one from liveaquaria last week, iv never used aquascapeonline so I can't speak for their quality but It took 2 days for him to get here so I emailed them and they dropped the shipping cost within hours. They are alittle pricey but personally il spend the extra couple bucks to know I'm getting a good quality specimen with a warranty that they actually back.

After 2 days in a pitch black half gallon of water being shook and dropped and god knows what, this is what he looked like an hour outa the bag.

Attachments

• image-356135225.jpg
    image-356135225.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 74
Check out Wetspot Tropical Fish in Portland. You can also check on Aquabid. Wetspot has hundreds of choices!!

I've used several importers. Most of them are going to be very similar. The main thing is to "try" and order from one close to you to save on overnight shipping. Next Day Air from California to Virginia was about $65 for my fire eel. I've paid as little as $30 for next day air from importers on the east coast.

I've used several importers. Most of them are going to be very similar. The main thing is to "try" and order from one close to you to save on overnight shipping. Next Day Air from California to Virginia was about $65 for my fire eel. I've paid as little as $30 for next day air from importers on the east coast.

What are the names of the importers? I am looking for some of the rarer African Tetras.

Myfisheatsyours said:
I actually just got one from liveaquaria last week, iv never used aquascapeonline so I can't speak for their quality but It took 2 days for him to get here so I emailed them and they dropped the shipping cost within hours. They are alittle pricey but personally il spend the extra couple bucks to know I'm getting a good quality specimen with a warranty that they actually back.

After 2 days in a pitch black half gallon of water being shook and dropped and god knows what, this is what he looked like an hour outa the bag.

What size tank is yours in?

vanimal said:
What size tank is yours in?

The little guys in my 125 long with an angel and a Senegal bichir right now. Iv got a 300 for him to move to when he's bigger and can defend himself against my big oscars.

Attachments

• image-3313074269.jpg
    image-3313074269.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 58
Myfisheatsyours said:
The little guys in my 125 long with an angel and a Senegal bichir right now. Iv got a 300 for him to move to when he's bigger and can defend himself against my big oscars.

Sounds good wish I had a tank that size all I have is a 220 so I might have to get Jardini instead because they don't get as large as Silvers.

Back
Top Bottom