Ordering fish online. ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have any experience with this? If so how did it turn out? Where did you buy them from? And would you do it again? Thanks:)

Does anyone have any experience with this? If so how did it turn out? Where did you buy them from? And would you do it again? Thanks:)

I have bought fish, shrimp, and plants online so many times I've stopped counting. I personally don't like any of my LFS because of the lack of selection. I usually buy my fish from eBay. One of my favorite sellers is fishonlinerus. Buying fish online will go fine as long as the seller guarantees live arrival, and he is highly rated.

I've order at least 60 fish online I'm the past from both cichlid express and live fish direct. Not one dead on arrival. Just look for places with good ratings and you'll be fine

I've had very good experiences ordering from some of the dealers on aquabid.com, aquariumfish.net and bobstropicalplants.com (they sell fish too)

The best thing with aquabid is that you can find dealers with free shipping. It's like ebay for the aquarium hobbyist.

Thanks if I can't find the rams I want next month hopefully I can order some online

Thanks if I can't find the rams I want next month hopefully I can order some online

I ordered rams a couple weeks ago from cichlid express. The manager personally vented them for me so I could get a breeding pair. They were 2+ inches as advertised

Oh I got some great rams from a dealer on aquabid. They aren't pumped full of hormones like most of the ones at stores or through most other vendors. If you like, I can send you the link, he has a few auctions going now I think.

Oh I got some great rams from a dealer on aquabid. They aren't pumped full of hormones like most of the ones at stores or through most other vendors. If you like, I can send you the link, he has a few auctions going now I think.

Joegargas? I love that guy. He seem to have an unlimited amount of rams :lol:

Ya thats what I want, electric blue rams. But I'm not seriously considering them for a couple weeks because I'm going to the states (i live in canada close to the border) to see I can find anything there. Or would it just be better to order them online?

Ya thats what I want, electric blue rams. But I'm not seriously considering them for a couple weeks because I'm going to the states (i live in canada close to the border) to see I can find anything there. Or would it just be better to order them online?

Hmm. If your gonna buy rams (or any fish) in the USA and bring them back to Canada, you need to fill out some forms and what not the last time I checked.

That's why I thought while I'm down in the states id pick some up on the way home for the 2.5 hour drive cuz then I'd avoid the huge shipping costs

That's why I thought while I'm down in the states id pick some up on the way home for the 2.5 hour drive cuz then I'd avoid the huge shipping costs

I don't know if you can bring fish, plants, etc across the border without specific forms.

I'm pretty sure you can but I'm going to ask on my way down

The only thing is i only have room for 2... Also I'm only a kid so I'd have to clear things over with my parents first... :(

Oh...
Well, once you clear it up with your parents, you could message the seller and ask if he/she would be willing to sell only 1 or 2 electric blue rams to you. I'm sure he/she would be ok with it as long as you pay what they want.

Back
Top Bottom