Orinoco "biotope" stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James G

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay so, soon ill be upgrading my geophagus tapajos and L240/L260 plecos 75 to a 6ft 125, and Im planning to try and simulate somewhere in the Orinoco and do as close a biotope as I can. I also want to try to stimulate a wet/dry season, ive already started to plan out the hardscape with various rocks and driftwood but im wondering for stocking options, ill be moving my 6 Geophagus, 3 L240, 3 L260, and 4 Angelfish to it but im wondering if i can in total have the following:

Geophagus x6
Angelfish x4
L240 x3
L260 x3
Corydoras x10 (Delphax or concolour)
Rummynose tetra x35ish
Wood catfish (Ninja/orca or honeycomb) x6ish
Marbled hatchetfish x10
German Ram x4
and possibly Cardnial tetra x10 (or could beef up the rummy school)

Okay so, soon ill be upgrading my geophagus tapajos and L240/L260 plecos 75 to a 6ft 125, and Im planning to try and simulate somewhere in the Orinoco and do as close a biotope as I can. I also want to try to stimulate a wet/dry season, ive already started to plan out the hardscape with various rocks and driftwood but im wondering for stocking options, ill be moving my 6 Geophagus, 3 L240, 3 L260, and 4 Angelfish to it but im wondering if i can in total have the following:

Geophagus x6
Angelfish x4
L240 x3
L260 x3
Corydoras x10 (Delphax or concolour)
Rummynose tetra x35ish
Wood catfish (Ninja/orca or honeycomb) x6ish
Marbled hatchetfish x10
German Ram x4
and possibly Cardnial tetra x10 (or could beef up the rummy school)

I would say that stocking is just about spot on. Also I love the Orinoco biotope idea. Such a cool eco system that is home to many of our popular aquarium species.

Back
Top Bottom