Orphan Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barefootKATE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just lucked into a 55 gal tank from the people upstairs (didnt' want to move it yada yada yada). Cool, but it came with fish. I'm not overly worried about the pairing of these fish, they had obviously been together for a while and there were baby fish in the tank, so I assumed these fish were getting along just fine. (please inform me if this was fool hardy) My real curiosity was for what I can expect from the Iridescent Sharks. One is three inches and the other is 4 right now. Will they become too large for the aquarium? Or will they remain a decent size because of their environment? I basically fell upon these beautiful fish and would hate to have them die because their "house" wasn't adiquate, or have them demolish the rest of their tank mates. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you! :D

I'm pretty sure they will just grow and grow. I'd suggest getting rid of them somehow.

RoK said:
I'm pretty sure they will just grow and grow. I'd suggest getting rid of them somehow.

bingo.. irredesnts will get huge.. far to large for a normal sized tank.. please see if you can get these fish to a LFS to avoid this situation.. HTH

Irredescent sharks get huge!

But if you plan on upgrading to a 3000 gal tank, you could keep them.

IME they get so big for the tank.. then die.. you need a bigger tank to keep them for more then a year or so.. they dont live long in small tanks..

Back
Top Bottom