Oscar question...may be a dumb one.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bichir Bro

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys I was wondering if an Oscar can go in a 75 gallon. If so can someone give me a full run down on what id have to do. I've got food taken care of from the other thread lol but everything else like filtration, set up, water changes/parameters. If you're wondering I did get the inspection from another thread on here. Thanks!

I usually recommend over 100 gallons. But 75g could work. You'd most likely need 2 fluval 405s for filtration. Use whatever lights you want, it doesn't matter. Water changes would probably be 30% a week.

Hm ok, I don't wanna put the guy in too small of a tank but man it would be awesome to have an Oscar. Is it true that they're pets and like being petted and stuff?

Hm ok, I don't wanna put the guy in too small of a tank but man it would be awesome to have an Oscar. Is it true that they're pets and like being petted and stuff?

Most oscars would try to eat your fingers. There's a lot more personable SA cichlids. Use the search function. There was a whole thread about friendly fish.

Most oscars would try to eat your fingers. There's a lot more personable SA cichlids. Use the search function. There was a whole thread about friendly fish.

Hahaha eat your fingers! I once stuck my finger into a hole in a plastic grate over a LFS fish tank. It was either an oscar or a really big gourami jumped out of the water to his gills to try and bite my finger. He actually hit the plastic grate with enough force to lift it a quarter to a half an inch!

Back
Top Bottom