Oscar's scared of everything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My cat may come in my room sometimes but my door is usually closed and I do roll over so that could be it

I was thinking of getting another tanks for a few African cichlids would this affect them to

My cat may come in my room sometimes but my door is usually closed and I do roll over so that could be it

I was thinking of getting another tanks for a few African cichlids would this affect them to
I still say that once you get the tank set up for the fish to have some hiding spots to sleep in or hide in, they will calm down. That said, you need to be careful with cats and fish. Many a cat has looked at them as a dinner so you really should make sure the tank cover is " cat proof". (y)
I had 22 tanks in my bedroom growing up and 3 of them housed Oscars so more tanks of fish should not be an issue. ;) (y)

Ok it's always covered so not worried about that they just get spooked at any sight I'm trying to feed them some minnows and they just dont seem interested 20210407_214159.jpg

I haven't set up the structure yet and they are already alot more comfortable since I have been more active in the room

I haven't set up the structure yet and they are already alot more comfortable since I have been more active in the room
That's good to hear. They are not stupid fish ( as fish go ;) ) so they are getting accustomed to activity in the room and they are getting used to you since you, I presume, are the one that feeds them. (y) That said, I would still make the adjustments in your decor because at some point, there could be bullying issues with the size difference in your fish or your cat could freak them out one night :shocked!: ;) You have to think about the long term with these fish. They really are intelligent fish. (y)

Back
Top Bottom