Other Cichlids with Blue Rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So im trying to find out if theres any other cichlid i can keep with german blue rams, i plan on breeding them (the GBRs) was unsure if any of the other dwarf's would mix with them, Please let me know your thoughts or experiences

Well, not really a dwarf, but I have a large angel in my 55 with my blue rams. I have read that they will coexist with kribensis and bolivians if the tank is large enough and has plenty of well defined territories for everybody. The only catch with that is that the GBR like the water a lot warmer than the other dwarfs from what I've read in my research. Good luck!

Personally I wouldn't mix them with another bottom dwelling cichlid if you'll be breeding them. Definitely not in anything smaller than a 55.

I agree with siva. How big is your tank?
My angels and rams do fine together because they do not occupy the same areas if the tank.

im using a 75 gallon tank
Ok. In a tank that big, you could do more rams (blue, gold,or Bolivian) or you could do apistos or a keyhole (not a dwarf, but still small and relatively peaceful). And of course, angels are still a good option. I would stay away from kribs or any aggressive species though.

Ok. In a tank that big, you could do more rams (blue, gold,or Bolivian) or you could do apistos or a keyhole (not a dwarf, but still small and relatively peaceful). And of course, angels are still a good option. I would stay away from kribs or any aggressive species though.

Great idea about the Apistos I love them, iv been looking for some other fish to put into my tank when its ready with my blue rams and the Apistogramma cacatuoides and the Borellii are amazing looking fish and will go along great with my other fish, thank you very much for the idea!

Great idea about the Apistos I love them, iv been looking for some other fish to put into my tank when its ready with my blue rams and the Apistogramma cacatuoides and theBorellii are amazing looking fish and will go along great with my other fish, thank you very much for the idea!
No problem. I love apistos too. Amazing looking little guys.:)

Red Cockatoo Cichlid needs

what kind of groups should Apistogramma cacatuoides and Borellii Cichlids Be kept in? I really just want males but im unsure how many females i need to keep with each one i was thinking on one of each a Birellii and a cockatoo male with a few females? what should i do?

Back
Top Bottom