oto feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
sadly...one of the four oto that a purchased sat is no more.The others look good though and I was wondering what is the best to supplement thier diet?Veggie clip?What kind of veggie?How often?

Thanks,
Fatz

Mine love Hikari Algae Wafers. They will also eat most flake foods. Especially good are those containing spirulina.

there is enough soft algae on the glass in my tank to keep them happy in between, but they love the sinking wafers that i drop in for my clown loaches

Ok ...algae wafers it is...now the question is how often?These guys seem pretty content staying stuck to stuff and don't do a whole lot of swimming...I wonder if they would ever find a wafer at the bottom of the tank.

SCFatz said:
Ok ...algae wafers it is...now the question is how often?These guys seem pretty content staying stuck to stuff and don't do a whole lot of swimming...I wonder if they would ever find a wafer at the bottom of the tank.

Trust me, they'll find it. Give it a half hour or so and you'll see them all over the wafer. I give my Otos one wafer every 3 days, and some zucchini once a week. In between they eat the algae that's in my tank.

Well...I dropped it in there and the cories played with it until the snail climbed on top of it.After the snail moved on the cories pushed it under the slate a little.The last one to fool with it at all was one gourami who had to work at the most awkward angle,so he really liked it I guess.

The otos did not get the memo it seems..lol

I'll try it again tonight.

Back
Top Bottom