Oto Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishalicious

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday I went out and bought two oto's. These guys are really great, I have a 55 gallon and They ate almost all of the brown algae in less than 24 hours. Now that there is no algae, I don't know how I should feed them. They're still trying to get comfortable so they're a little scared. I know that they're vegetarians. I know that I can feed them algae wafers, zuchinni, lettuce, etc but I would like to know of any specific name brand food that they would enjoy. I was figuring the hikari algae wafers.

So go ahead; if you have any oto(s), what do they go bonkers for?

Thanks!
-Dan

mine like algae wafers/lettuce. i dont use zuccini because it falls apart really easily, floats, doesnt fit in my veggie holder etc.

i think hikari and top fin algae wafers are the best made from the 3 brands ive used. hikari, wardleys, and top fin. wardleys foods falls apart really easily and arent as compact as the other 2 brands. meaning theres less algae in there imo. im pretty much putting like 3-4 in for my snails so i can get rid of these wafers so i can get to the better stuff :D

oh i my fish love the shrimp pellets though. but the only problem is they break down 2 fast and once it gets to the bottom of the tank not many fish go and eat it

Back
Top Bottom