Otos and kuhli's in a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greater-Ajax

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a ten gallon, I have 6 Zebra danios ( 2 long fins) I was thinking about adding 5 kuhli's and 2 otos. Would that work, Or would I be over stocking?

Greater-Ajax said:
So I have a ten gallon, I have 6 Zebra danios ( 2 long fins) I was thinking about adding 5 kuhli's and 2 otos. Would that work, Or would I be over stocking?

I am really sorry to say that a 10 gallon is too small for the zebra danios and the Khulis. You could do otos and either sell the zebs or move them to a bigger tank. You could then do a few pygmy Cories and chilli rasboras

Wait, What?

I've asked on here before if the zebra danios would do good and they said yes :( My mom bought these for me ( and fish are not cheap here) Is there anyway I can keep them in it? Or do I really have to upgrade to a 20 gallon?

20 is best but the 10 gallon will probably be ok. I dont recomend it but in your situation you could probably get away with it. Just be sure their is LOTS of open space to swim!

I don't know what you guys are talking about.. danios are the most hardy fish I've ever owned. I've kept 3 in a 10 gallon with no problem, and I was like 12 at that time and never did water changes or anything alike. They probably werent the most happy, but I'm sure they were content in a 10 gallon.

Danios like to swim ALOT. They're very active fish. Your right they are extremely hardy and would survive in a 10gal but not thrive.

Danios should be fine in a 10g. Sure, a 20g would be better, but if we're going to be talking about whats 'ideal' for our fish, we're going to have to totally revamp our stocking standards.

Back
Top Bottom