Otos or Corys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psylk87

Aquarium Advice Activist
I moved my betta to a 10 gallon tank and got 5 neon tetras for him as tank mates. They are all doing really well and I was considering getting either otos or corys to put in there.

Will either of them do okay in a 10 gallon? How many can I put in?

I can't get my hands on pygmy corys so they are a no go.

I moved my betta to a 10 gallon tank and got 5 neon tetras for him as tank mates. They are all doing really well and I was considering getting either otos or corys to put in there.

Will either of them do okay in a 10 gallon? How many can I put in?

I can't get my hands on pygmy corys so they are a no go.

I would say no to both, I've kept three of the smaller Cory's in a ten gallon, they did fine, but they also didn't stay long as I upgraded to a 20, also I think otos should be in a 20g as well, they're actually very active and like groups. Also I know you already have the neons but they really should have a minimum of 20g, they deserve plenty of swimming space since their really active too. Not trying to tear you down or anything, maybe look into some more Nano style fish or try ordering the Pygmy Cory's online

I'd you can give the neons back a school of cpd (celeset pearl danio)((butchered that spelling) aka galaxy rasbora, emerald tetra, or other nano's work best

I have a 10 g tank with a veil-tailed betta, 4 panda cory, an orange rabbit snail and two redfinned oto.
They all get along very well! The otos will stay small that is why i got them. I have two pepper cory in my 20 g tank, and when they get a little larger, I will put the peppers in the t 10 and the pandas in the 20. My betta, bubba, swims around like he is the only one in the whole tank and is happy! You do as you think... I hope I have helped.

Okay so if I can get my hand on some pygmy corys how many should I put in my 10 gallon as it sits now with the 5 neons and 1 betta.

I didnt know neons needed mroe space another forum I was on always said minimum of 10 for neons so thats why I went with them. I have had them for a year so until my 55 gallon gets set up (which will be a while) they are going to have to stay in the 10 gallon.

Okay so if I can get my hand on some pygmy corys how many should I put in my 10 gallon as it sits now with the 5 neons and 1 betta.

I didnt know neons needed mroe space another forum I was on always said minimum of 10 for neons so thats why I went with them. I have had them for a year so until my 55 gallon gets set up (which will be a while) they are going to have to stay in the 10 gallon.

I would not put Nano fish in with a Betta. Each Betta is different. But CPDs will tend to hide from such a big fish.

With my Betta I had a Nerite and one female Guppy. I've also housed normal White Clouds with my Bettas.

Cories you have to be careful. I had Panda juveniles in a 12g with my Betta and he killed them. I saw him harass them. So I'm not guessing.

I've had success with Ghost Shrimp as well.

Depending on the nature of your betta will depend on what they will leave alone. My betta lives with 12 chilli rasboras and 90% of the time ignores them. When I first put some assassin snails in he had a quick look but now has no interest - my fish are in a 20gal though. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom