Our 29 gal high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRob

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is how our 29 gal is set up I am not sure which plants are in it at the moment.
[SIZE=-1]5 Black Skirt Tetras, 2 Dwarf Flame Gouramis, 5 Serpae Tetras, 3 Ghost Shrimp, 4 San Jaun Corys.

I am thinking of adding a German Blue Ram to the tank also any thoughts on this.

[/SIZE]

I'd remove the gouramis ASAP. Serpae and black skirt tetras are fin nippers. In addition, serpae tetras also feed on fish scales so they do best alone

That is funny since I didn't read anything to have me believe the [SIZE=-1]Serpae Tetras would pose a problem and we had Gouramis and Black Skirts in the same tank before without issue. We did have problems with Tiger Barbs nipping all the other fish. I learned not to listen to the LFS after they said a Jewel Cichlid can be in the same tank as 2 Kissing Gouramis and 2 Angel Fish. the Jewell and the Angels nipped the Gouramis.
[/SIZE]

Tetras are not as devious as barbs when it comes to fin nipping, but they can sometimes nip, it depends on the group, I have black skirts with an angel with no problems, I would still keep an eye open

The Flame Gouramis actually chase the Black Skirts, the group in this tank now are very active compared to the Black Skirts we have had in the past. Feeding time is very enjoyable.

Here is a photo of it, sorry taken with my phone.
1006269_10201555991767511_1188450713_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom