Over my head? 5 days away and algae has taken root... Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
or is this "nitrate level" what the estiamted level would be if i poured say, a cap full every day?
It is how much nitrate 1mL of the solution adds to your tank. A 3 or 4mL dose of the 250mL mix is a good start (10-15ppm NO3). Some like to dilute their mixes so it is an easier dose (teaspoon ~ 5mL).

Grants stump remover takes longer to dissolve than the KNO3 Greg sells. The powder takes longer than sugar. I dry dose most ferts and my fish and shrimp have been okay. Dissolving it first is safest especially if you think your fish will keep eating it.

HTH

Simply put, You guys rock!!!

I'll let you know how things go when the KNO3 arrives (greg says fedex is usually pretty quick to canada)

THe idiots at big als were like. Yup! you need "all gone" I look at it, and what does it REMOVE? NO3. *sigh*

"why the hell would you WANT nitrate???"
"you need to buy a goldfish if you want nitrate, why don't you start with 3 or 4 goldfish?"

Just some of the quotes. I walked out with only a phosphate test. Josh wasn't working... hes really the only one i'll talk to there.

Alright, I've gotten theKNO3 from greg watson. I've made a mix... 700 ml water : 10 tablespoons of KNO3. It equals .88ppm of nitrate for each ml of dosage on my 44 gallon. I was over-eager and dosed 10 ml... with the results of under 5 ppm nitrate on my tank.

Slightly dissipointing... but when i look at the bottle, it has a bunch of sedimented powder at the bottom. I believe i made the mixture too rich, and it wouldn't all dissolve because of it. I'm going to water it down tommorow.

Back
Top Bottom