Over stocking question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have my 55 gal set up, I just did some caculations and without my snails (do you count them?) I am at 69 inches of fish. Now given the fact I have an emporer 400 and a penguin 170 on this tank should I be ok?

As long as everything gets along OK, I think you should be fine. Just keep an eye on your maintenence and nitrate levels.

grimlock3000 said:
As long as everything gets along OK, I think you should be fine. Just keep an eye on your maintenence and nitrate levels.

Yea, absolutely. :D Do you know if you count snails in your total inches?

Some people count snails, I would not count the snails myself, unless you are adding extra food into the tank for the snails. If you do not add anything extra for the snails, my opinion is that snails are reprocessing waste that would normally be there anyway, and not increasing the bio load. If you have to add stuff to the tank to make sure the snails will have some leftovers, add two inches per snail.

The only thing I do is throw an algee tablet or 2 in there twice a week for the cory's.

Back
Top Bottom