Overly aggresive fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ocean, I wished I lived near you too, simply for the fact that you're in FLA. What part are you in?

I took the mean guy back to the store, and the Petsmart guy didn't mind me swapping him out. I like the guy, he seams to know what hes talking about, if not, hes pretty good at faking it.

I picked up a female, and I can definitely tell the difference in color now. She is much more drab compared to the boys. I think she's kinda easy too, she immediately started following one around, probably the new big fish in the pond.

I have a side tank going to get water ready for a cycle, and I'll do a 50% cycle tonight, and see what that does for us.

I forgot about these...

Aquarium Sponge Filters

Scroll to the mid page and they have sponges already with the BB and they speed your cycle up by weeks. You could also find an Aquarium Club in your area, try your Local Fish store, they may have a club already. They may be able to hook you up with filter pad. if you don't want to buy one. I managed to find a local Betta Breeder got a Black Orchid Crowntail and a free betta for $10. You may be surprised, and find a club that breeds something real exotic you may want to keep in the future.

Oh I am here in Jacksonville Florida. I am almost sure there is a regional section on here that could hook you up with a club.

Completely unrelated to barbs, I've been stocking a 39 gl. And got 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras last weekend. After a couple days, the biggest one has been chasing everyone in the tank and has no interest in schooling with his buddies. Jerk. I definately need to add more hiding places, but I've been feeding in small doses over an hour or so and he's seemed to calm down. Food aggressive until he's full.

Sorry, picked up on page one and posted. I agree, keep up on water changes (25% per day?). Your water P-ram's are not making your fish aggressive. They make them die. Welcome to the dark side. Go do a water change!

Back
Top Bottom