overmedicated tank ~ help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

funkmama

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I never post here, but I need help.

My neighbor left her tanks in the care of her husband this week (who has no clue what the hell he's doing) while she is on vacation.

He just called flipping out that he's over dosed one of the tanks. He put 6 caps of maracyn in a 29 gal.

There are two parrots in there. :roll: ((Yeah, she knows they're cramped))

I don't know what to do to help other than a water change. How much do you think I should exchange?

I don't know why on earth she would let him babysit her tanks. :roll:

6 caps of what? Do you know what the amount should have been? I would imagine a water change would be in order to dilute the medication, whatever it is.

Sorry, I just edited it.

It's maracyn...

Well I'm off to do the change.

If you guys think of anything else, let me know.

Poor fishies. :cry:

Water change is the only thing I can think of. I would do 50 - 60% then another 20% or so in an hour.

agreed. Do a 50% water change, followed by another 50% change in an hour or so. I also agree with the fresh carbon. It will filter out anything that is left after the water changes.

I did the changes and put in some fresh carbon.

Thanks, guys.

I'll be checking on them in the morning and maintaining her tanks for the rest of her vacation now. I'm sure her fish thank me :D

It turns out he didn't even medicate the right tank to begin with. 8O Also, overfeeding would not even begin to describe what I saw over there. Thankfully, it hadn't been to long since he did it, so I was able to get it out before too much damage was done. I'm so glad I went over there when I did, or all of her tanks would have been screwed.

Back
Top Bottom