Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SadSoyBeans

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my 10g has 10 fish and 2 snails

2 young khuli loaches (im putting them in a 29g in the near future with more friends)

6 young black skirt tetras

1 young oto

2 golden mystery snails

Right now i have a topfin ten gallon filter that i modified to have more filtering capacity.
In it i have an intake sponge, filter foam, ceramic bead things, carbon cartridge , and then the "bio plate", which barely adds any surface area but its better than nothing i guess.

Its fully cycled and i do weekly %40 water changes.

Is my tank overstocked? Am what im doing with the water changes okay?

So my 10g has 10 fish and 2 snails

2 young khuli loaches (im putting them in a 29g in the near future with more friends)

6 young black skirt tetras

1 young oto

2 golden mystery snails

Right now i have a topfin ten gallon filter that i modified to have more filtering capacity.
In it i have an intake sponge, filter foam, ceramic bead things, carbon cartridge , and then the "bio plate", which barely adds any surface area but its better than nothing i guess.

Its fully cycled and i do weekly %40 water changes.

Is my tank overstocked? Am what im doing with the water changes okay?

With the loaches relocated and regular 50%+ weekly water changes you´re probably ok, but the oto´s need to be in a group, which is a problem because you´re maxed out with the tetras. You don´t have the option of rehoming some of the tetras because they do well with a group of at least 6. IMO you need a better filter with the fish you have. An Aquaclear 30 would be perfect for your tank and on Amazon they aren´t too expensive.

With the loaches relocated and regular 50%+ weekly water changes you´re probably ok, but the oto´s need to be in a group, which is a problem because you´re maxed out with the tetras. You don´t have the option of rehoming some of the tetras because they do well with a group of at least 6. IMO you need a better filter with the fish you have. An Aquaclear 30 would be perfect for your tank and on Amazon they aren´t too expensive.
Okay, how much flow is on them? In the near future i could move all of the fish from the 10g into my 29g, then get more friends for them.

Okay, how much flow is on them? In the near future i could move all of the fish from the 10g into my 29g, then get more friends for them.

You can look up the specs on Amazon, but plenty of flow for a 10 gallon. As far as moving them to the 29, that's exactly what I'd do.

Back
Top Bottom