Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChumBubbles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey! I don’t think I’m overstocked but I have a ten gallon with 3 neon tetras, 2 zebra danios, 3 kuhli loaches, and two snails. They are all small, I’ve had them awhile. Could I add a dwarf crayfish?

The kuhli loaches need a bigger tank. Crayfish will attack the kuhli loaches as well.

Unfortunately crayfish - of any size - are predators and even if it can't actually harm *the prey* the harrassment can become an issue.

Hey! I don’t think I’m overstocked but I have a ten gallon with 3 neon tetras, 2 zebra danios, 3 kuhli loaches, and two snails. They are all small, I’ve had them awhile. Could I add a dwarf crayfish?
there should be more danios since they like to school same with the neon tetras if you can add more you should but don't overstock.

Okay. I would like to add more. How many more do you think I could have without being overstocked?

Okay great! The loaches are small, I have had them awhile so I don’t think they are getting any bigger. :thanks:

Just because a fish is small doesn't mean it doesn't need a lot of space. This is how bettas end up in tiny tanks.

Sorry I must have skipped one of the posts, I thought you were thinking of adding more kuhli loaches.
Adding 2 neons and 2 danios probably won't be overstocked. Just keep up with the water changes, loaches don't have scales and are more sensitive to water parameters.

Back
Top Bottom