pacu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmg07

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 10 in long 5 in wide red bellied pacu in a 75 gal tank. He keeps getting bigger and i was wondering if my LFS would take him in. i really want a cichlid tank and people said not to put them together.someone please tell me

Pacus should not be sold period. They grow enormous. And most of them die prematurely anyway. The ones that do get large end up in some local waterway and are caught by fisherman who call the local press because they think they caught a piranha. And our hobby takes another hit in the balls and more legislation is threatened. Yours is still tiny. If you cannot find a taker then humanely destroy it before you decide to release it. Bill

go talk to the lfs.. most of the time if they have a empty tank they well take them and sell them for you.. its just hard to sell a big fish like that.. so most smaller ones wont take them for room limitations.

i wouldnt have bought him but i got him like a 2 years ago and i new nothing about pacus

Pacu = bad for aquarium keepers. At the time I had a 150 gallon tank, I thought I'd be okay so I bought one from walmart like 3 or 4 years ago. In 3 years it grew to 18" long and began getting very aggressive. Killed several of my fish, picked on others soo much they have permanent scars all over from it. Good luck with whatever you do, but I'd suggest just killing it if you can't find somebody who has a huge tank with nothing fragile in it.

Back
Top Bottom