Pacus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A friend of mine had 2 and he was going to kill them I took them off his hands....im thinking maybe I shouldve let him keep his problem...whats funny is my lfs says pacus are one of the only fish they dont take in

A friend of mine had 2 and he was going to kill them I took them off his hands....im thinking maybe I shouldve let him keep his problem...whats funny is my lfs says pacus are one of the only fish they dont take in

Probably because no one wants them once they've outgrown their tank.

Check in your area if there's a large fish rescue group or even the local aquarium (if you have one) I know ours will take unwelcome fish.

Well its better then them being killed! Why would he kill them? What size tank do you have now and how large are the fish??

Well he had 125g... I have 220g...i think there at 12 inches, growing by the day though! They never get full...

Man those are big fish! Ya that must not be cheap to feed, just give them the leftovers after dinner like a dog ;) what other fish are in that tank?

@ dragonfish 71 closest aquarium to me is 2 hrs away...i may give them a call in the morning though thats a good idea

Green terror, commom pleco, 4 tinfoil barbs, 2 eclipse catfish, a feeder crayfish(that is a true survivor) and a brown knifefish

I also have something I purchased called a pike cichlid in there too

Back
Top Bottom