Paint Fumes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcutajar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there ive just painted a room with water based paint. My question involves the fact that now the room is painted i plan to set up my brand new tank tomorrow, is it same to start cycling my tank yet or will the fumes stuff everything up.

Any advice will help

Hi there ive just painted a room with water based paint. My question involves the fact that now the room is painted i plan to set up my brand new tank tomorrow, is it same to start cycling my tank yet or will the fumes stuff everything up.

Any advice will help

I would say if the room is fairly ventilated it should be fine and that it should be dry by the time you move anything into the room just ventilate the room for a few hours ie. Open windows and doors is it a latex paint if so should be good to go in a few hours

Was the room sprayed or rolled either way I would put a large towel over the tank covering filter and all so no drips get in
to be safe have the room open to air flow and you should be fine

Agreed you should be good to go. When we painted our upper level j just covered the tank with a blanket and everything went well.

Back
Top Bottom