Painting while fish is inside the tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaterbeginners

Aquarium Advice Freak
The title says it all. I want to put black back grounds for my 50 gallon tank. In my tank there is some fish and some plants. What do I have to do to paint it?
What kind of paint do I need? If you know what I have to use, can you give me the name and a photo to that paint?
[ATTACH]237164._xfImport[/ATTACH]

The title says it all. I want to put black back grounds for my 50 gallon tank. In my tank there is some fish and some plants. What do I have to do to paint it?
What kind of paint do I need? If you know what I have to use, can you give me the name and a photo to that paint?
http://View attachment 237164
Plasti-dip is a good paint to use. If you ever want to change it, it is easily removable. It is a rubber based paint, so just peels off. I recommend the brush/roll on type. It does come in a spray can too. Empty the tank as much as possible and turn it a round(to get access to the back).
Tape up the side and top of the tank and simply use a sponge roller to put it on.

Wish I'd done plastidip before I put water in my tank. Stuck with the stick on black vinyl backing...Picked up 3ft at Petco.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom