Pale bristle nosed catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BertoCat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm worried that my bristle nose is looking a little pale and thin. I have been feeding him alge wafers but he shows little interest and the other fish gobble them! I know that's not enough for him and have tried courgette and carrot as well, but once again he seems uninterested? I can only guess he is pale due to diet, but i could be wrong. Any recommendations?

60ltr Tank,1 bristle nose, 3 adult guppies, 2 juvinile guppies, 2 mollys, 1 platy and a ghost shrimp that lives in the filter!

Sorry stupid phone posted again, please ignore/delete!

Do you have driftwood in the tank?? That is the most important thing for plecos!! It's the biggest part of their diet and they need it to digest other foods.
Besides that...Cucumber!! Mine loves cucumber. Try and leave a bit of the skin on, that seems to be her favorite part. I peel the darkest part of the skin off so she doesn't eat the wax they put on it to make it "pretty". The are supposed to eat melon, too.
Check this out. There's a huge list of stuff to feed them, but don't forget the wood :)
Feeding Plecos, Part 1 • Types of food • Catfishology • Shane's World • PlanetCatfish

Back
Top Bottom