panda cory cats: mixing adults and juvenlies in a shoal of 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strawtarget

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought some panda cories, but all but 2 died shortly after introducing them to my tank. These two seem to be healthy and vigorous, though, and have lasted probably 2 weeks now. I realize I need to buy them some friends if they are to remain happy.

I went back to the store I bought them from, but I took a close look at their pandas and one was already dead, a couple had fin rot, and most seemed lazy and thin.

I've called around and found a store that claims to have healthy/happy pandas in stock, but they're full-grown 1.5" fish.

My 2 pandas are not yet one inch long.

For the happy-cory-catfish-shoal effect to work, does the members of the shoal have to be all the same size/age? Or is it okay if some are older?

Thanks.

Doesn't matter, they will all get along fine. My albinos are in a big pile of cats half the time.

Thanks for the advice. I'll get them some friends next weekend after 1 more week of making sure these 2 little guys are gonna live.

Yup, I've yet to come across more docile fish. You could put just about any combination of them together and not have problems. I don't think they have an aggresive bone in their bodies! :) Wish my barbs and gourami were that way!

I have two full grown Panda Cories and they do fine with the smaller ones. I do tend to see the smaller ones schooling more together, but there is no aggression for sure between different sizes.

Back
Top Bottom