Panda Cory Lifespan.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aiken Drum

Site Team
Anyone got direct experience of how long panda corys will live? Online species guides are giving a range of 2-3 years, upto some guides saying 10-15 years.

Im not interested in breeding and done nothing to accommodate their breeding, but numbers are steadily increasing and I must now have double what i started with (im guessing 16-18 from an original school of 8). Whenever i sit and give the tank a good thorough examination i almost always find at least 1 new tiny panda. If they have a lifespan of 3 years the original ones will be getting to the end of their lives so not such of an issue, if its 10-15 years then i need to start to look at rehoming some or i will end up getting overrun with them.

Also at what stage do you worry about interbreeding? Should i be rehoming some and adding some new stock?

I always wonder about the interbreeding too. Even in the wild its sure to happen often because these type of fish we keep don't normally have a huge range

Back
Top Bottom