Panda/Dawn Tetra's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khalix

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone had any experience with these?

Aphyocharax paraguayensis, Panda Tetra, three spot tetra, dawn tetra, para tetra.

I started having a whole host of issues after I introduced them to my tank. I'd heard nothing really bad about them. They're sold as tropical community. I quarantined them for several weeks and they were healthy. This was several months ago and I started having all sorts of issues..

My other fish were hiding and randomly stressed. My water conditions were actually spot on..just kept having issues anyway. I thought maybe it was my new aqueon water changer.. thinking maybe I needed to go back to my old bucket method. Nothing fixed it.

And then I went in there the other night and other than my glass catfish.. I only saw the panda's.. decided to look a little more into them and found several accounts where they were very aggressive. I never would have thought it considering how tiny mine are, but sure enough after I put them in a smaller tank my other fish are thriving.. no one is hiding, everyone out and doing their thing.

Anyone else run into these fish or problems? Definitely goes to show you that the size of the fish really doesn't always make much of a difference!

Back
Top Bottom