Panda feeding time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skyrmir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So in my quest to find happier fish foods, I decided to try out some freeze dried tubifex. It's freeze dried and compressed into little cubes.

Seeing it as a nice high protien thing I dropped a cube in there to see how the fish react. They loved the stuff, especially the Panda's. This is the only food I've seen them come to the surface for repeatedly. Wich comes to my question...

How do I sink this stuff? I thought about using a veggie clip, but then a bunch would be stuck inside the clip or the fish would just tear it off. My best success so far has been to stick a screw through the middle of the cube. Wich worked for a little while, until they broke it off the screw. Then of course I had to fish the screw out of the tank.

Any suggestions?

Does it sink if saturated with water? If so you could put it in a bowl of tank water until it gets soaked a bit. Another option is a bit of fishing line and tie it to an ornament.

You can stick tthe cube to the glass at whatever level you wish. it wont stay stuck that long but it will for a while.

my fish don't seem to like it very much. Which is messier for the tank? The tubifex worms or the shrimp pellets? My barbs don't seem to like the tubifex.

Back
Top Bottom