Panda gas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skyrmir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I'm not sure if this is a normal thing or even actually if it's always the same panda. I've only seen one at a time do this though.

Every now and then one of the panda's will swim to the top of the tank, then go stiff and fall down backwards. Then just lay on it's back on whatever it falls one. It'll lay there for a while not moving, just gasping...then fart.

Yes fart. It was a wierd enough event I made sure to see what was going on with my fish. They seem completely oblivious until I reach in there with the net, then they pop right back up and seem fine.

I've seen this happen 4 times now in the past couple weeks. So is my panda just a pig or is he messing with me trying to freak me out or what!?!? :?:

Sorry no idea if that is normal, but that is so funny! I needed that mental image after today! Thanks!

Panda cory?

Yup, corys do fart - I've observed it many times. They dart up to the surface for a gulp of air - they can extract O2 in their gut. Then they lay on the bottom and let a few rip. :lol: Hilarious to watch, but they won't do it if a camera is anywhere in sight. :roll:

Other normal (wierd) cory behaviors:
Laying on their sides or back as if they're dead until their owner notices and freaks out.
Mad dashes up and down the tank for no apparent reason.
Fast-paced games of follow-the-leader (if you have a group of five or more) followed by collapsing in an exhausted heap.

Ok, that makes me feel a bit better. I coulda sworn the second time it happened and i freaked out thinking I had a dead panda, the rest were under thier rock laughing at me.

New discription for pandas...cute but flatulent.

Back
Top Bottom