Panda molly hoodlums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onegirl2minds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The last week or so I have noticed my juvenile panda mollies harrassing my white skirt tetras. :ermm: These 3 hoodlums were part of the same batch of fry and hang together in the tank. I have black skirt tetras as well and they show no interest in bugging them or any other tank inhabitants, just the white skirts. They don't nip them, but just swim along side them and chase them around. I can tell the tetras are throughly annoyed. I have no way of separating the offenders or the victims at this time, so any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

No, but that sounds like a good idea and doable. How long do you think I should keep them separate?

I would put them in a breeder net for a hour at first. Once you let them out watch for a while. At the first sign of pestering they go right back in. If they don't get the message after a couple time-outs, try for a couple hours and so on. You may need to re-home them to keep the peace in your tank, but for now time-out may break their habit.

Back
Top Bottom