Paradise fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone ever keep them? I just wanna hear some user experience of these fish. They're quite beautiful and I may keep one in a 10 gallon.

They're amazing fish. Wouldn't keep any in a ten, though. Very gorgeous and very personable though.

I have an ocellated paradise fish that is highly aggressive. They would do best alone like a betta

The paradise fish ( macropodus opercularus) was the first fish introduced to the hobby

jetajockey said:
A 10 is a bit cramped but considering that these are like the original betta fish, I think I'd go with a single one in a 10 with no tankmates.

I was planning on just putting him alone in the 10. They're pretty cool. Cool enough for a single fish. Are they as aggressive as everyone says?

I keep them with other fish and they aren't bad at all. Yet again, it depends on the fish itself.

I have them with angels, rainbow fish, and a rainbow shark. They're probably the most docile fish in there. But, it's a 75 gallon tank. I wouldn't put anything in with them in a ten, probably not anything until up to about the 30 gallon range.

I have one in a 10 by himself, I think he does fine in there. He was in a 29 with some other fish but he ate another fish's eyes off. =(

BakerBoy17 said:
I have them with angels, rainbow fish, and a rainbow shark. They're probably the most docile fish in there. But, it's a 75 gallon tank. I wouldn't put anything in with them in a ten, probably not anything until up to about the 30 gallon range.

I have a 50 gal. But I don't want him hurting my rams. I'll freak.

Laser said:
I have one in a 10 by himself, I think he does fine in there. He was in a 29 with some other fish but he ate another fish's eyes off. =(

Oh jeez. Well that's lovely haha

I had one in a 20 with a few other smaller fish. He didn't do well and was rehomed. Gorgeous fish though.

School of Congo tetras. school of rainbow fish. A couple rams a juvenile Pictus cat. And some apple snails. Tanks a 50 gallon

I've had mine in a community without problem. it was just tragic that he got stuck inside a big shell. i couldnt find him.for a month and when i was doing a major maintenance in the tank and took out the shell, the body(half rotten) slipped out

huizheng1988 said:
I've had mine in a community without problem. it was just tragic that he got stuck inside a big shell. i couldnt find him.for a month and when i was doing a major maintenance in the tank and took out the shell, the body(half rotten) slipped out

Bummer :( was he ever aggressive with tank mates?

Back
Top Bottom