Paradise fish (Macropodus opercularis)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senorkevin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is this a type of paradise fish? The one that is on the rock.
A yes or a no would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20140211_165536.jpg
    20140211_165536.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 20140211_165634.jpg
    20140211_165634.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 113
It's hard to tell. There isn't much color to it so that kinda throws it off. It does have the structure for one. Can you get a clearer picture?

Same body shape of paradise, way off color, It looks {and I'm really sure it is} like a dyed one. I've only ever seen one and it looks exactly like that.

It's a blue paradise fish. There's red/orange and there's blue, not sure if they're dyed or not though.

It kind of looks like a moonlight gourami to me.

Face shape is off for a moonlight, though if it is indeed a paradise fish of some sort (which it looks to be) they are related. I believe it's a blue paradise fish, looks just like the ones at my LFS. They're a natural color morph, not dyed.

Face shape is off for a moonlight, though if it is indeed a paradise fish of some sort (which it looks to be) they are related. I believe it's a blue paradise fish, looks just like the ones at my LFS. They're a natural color morph, not dyed.

Oh ok! Only reason why I said dyed is because the color looks unnatural and not unlike those dyed German rams.

Back
Top Bottom