Parrot cichlis and other hybrids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tomk2u

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have kept parrot cichlids for years not and personally I love them I have got 2 at the moment and think they are great fish.
They are very interactive and interested in what's going on everywhere in and out of the tank and they all develop very individual characters and personalities.
Has anyone else kept these fish Or any other hybrid?

One of my parrots :)

Attachments

• image-176248067.jpg
    image-176248067.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 146
I have a couple blood parrots they are very unique. Very cool fish though!!

I have a couple in my 55 gallon tank. Very cool and personable fish. One of them is very moody though. Most of the time it gets along just fine with the other, but then it seems to just get ticked off and chases it all over the tank. Also when I have my arm in the tank doing some sort of maintenance, it is very inquisitive as to what I'm up to. It will come up and peck at my hands and then swim around my arm. It will sometimes even rub up against me as it passes by. The other just chills most of the time, swimming gracefully around the tank.

My husband and I have 6 parrots between us. They are like puppy dogs in a fish tank. I just adore them. Their personalities can't be beat. (y)

Please free free to post some pictures guys would be nice to see other parrots

I call this the Blood Parrot Ballet......

Meet Sonny, Buster and Lola...

Attachments

• bloodparrotballet.jpg
    bloodparrotballet.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 131
check out the jellybean and the cotton candy varity. i have both and just love them . im glad theres more people out there that love and respect thease fish because they get soch a bad rap for being hybrids but i think they are so beautiful. my breed are pure white and long flowing fins with no other color or dies in them . i have hundreds of beautiful fry also . ty guys so much

I kept blood parrots a long time ago and loved them, maybe I'll get some more in the future once I get my hands on a bigger tank again ;)

Back
Top Bottom