partial water change question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishnova

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I have ten gallon tank, 5 pristella tetras, one betta, 10 rcs. I have great water.
I do 50% weekly; I was wondering if three 50% pwcs a week is excessive?
I usually do one, but I enjoy the pwcs! Was wondering if I would be able to do more without my fish stressing.

It might be a bit excessive, but there's no harm in it. Your fish will get used to it pretty fast. Just don't tire yourself out!

--Adeeb

No such thing as too many water changes. The discus breeders in The far east do 100% WC's (y)once a day I do 2 50-75% WC's twice a week, my fish seen to really like it. Always excellent color and rarely sick.

Cool, thanks for the input. I can see my fish really enjoy a good pwc. Three times a week will be a good start. :p

No such thing as too many water changes. The discus breeders in The far east do 100% WC's (y)once a day I do 2 50-75% WC's twice a week, my fish seen to really like it. Always excellent color and rarely sick.
Many goldfish breeders practice the same thing- 100% wcs daily! I follow the same route & do 50-70% pwcs 2-3x a week. Healthy, happy fish!!!

Back
Top Bottom