Particles in Water!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have alot of particles in my water, I am not sure if it was introduce from plants, fish or polyster filter in my xp3.
once you click on image to inlarge you can place mouse over image and with the middle scroll wheel of the mouse you may zoom in or out.

even on the surface a bunch as you can tell on some pictures

It seems to me they are short floss particles. Either your floss is not a good one or you may try to rinse it to wash away the particles before you use it in XP3.

The floss I used in my AC HOB is bought from HomeDepot. The whole bag of floss is a single piece and I toss it apart for use in HOB. Occasionally I find few fine threads of floss floating in the tank but it is gone after a while or never be a serious issue.

the one I bought at walmart is a roll of a single floss. and I do rinse before use. the particles if you look at one picture that has a small portion of the surface still you can see they are like micro particles very small. even if the floss releases these particles isnt the job of the filter to catch them?

Just be sure what it is and where it comes from - plant, fish food, fish worm, or floss. I have a student microscope and I can check it when I have a doubt.

If it comes floss, I would say your floss is not good one. My floss are very long threads and won't break like that.

I cant back anything that I dont know 100% but I cannot find this product online either here it is:

MORNING GLORY
HIGH LOFT
QUILTER'S POLYESTER BATTING

dimensions:
81'' x 96'' x1/2''

remember guys that when you take a photo of bubbles, or anything moving in water, the shutter setting will make it look like they are tiny lines, instead of dots. it's impossible to tell what that is by those pictures. you'd need a really faster shutter speed and lots of light to capture something like that in a photo. are you sure it's not just tiny bubbles floating around?

Like someone said it's hard cuz, I could be looking at bubbles, I did see a few horizontal strands though...

Here's a suggestion that nobody's mentioned yet; Roots. I have diggers, and they love to yank up the fresh root growth and let it float around the tank. And some of my new root growth is as fine as filter floss.

they are not everything you guys are suggesting, they are not bubbles, roots lines etc. they are small particles. I do not have a fast shutter speed camera sorry :(

new pic

Back
Top Bottom