Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homedog98 View Post
Thanks, I have the AC50... Is it the poly-fil that pellet stuff?
Nope, poly-fil is like aquarium filter floss but it's priced by the pound, not the gram lol.

I was thinking/researching the Sakrete stuff that had references to hardeners in it.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpet

Nope, poly-fil is like aquarium filter floss but it's priced by the pound, not the gram lol.

I was thinking/researching the Sakrete stuff that had references to hardeners in it.
Ya, that's not it at all lol. I saw that stuff... But it looked more like concrete mix then sand, so I went with what looked most like sand. I'm actually really liking it though! I think it raised my PH! I went from about 6.6 to 7.6! Which makes me feel better. I'm also researching aquascaping... Thanks to Rook, I'm mastering the art of fukushiki! Lol. Still have the carbon running just in case, and the nasty filter media is in as well.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:33 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Regular

I've got Paver sand in my 90Gallon right now. Haven't had any issues with the 3-4 years its had it. You just really need to make sure you wash it thoroughly, as paver sand usually has a high glass content. But I've got all types of catfish and fish that do just fine with it, even had convicts that bred and still have about 15 babies from their first spawn

Tags
sand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com