pea puffers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

js198027

Aquarium Advice Regular
Seen these little guys the other day at the lfs and was told they are aggressive. Just wondering if any of you have experience with them are there any tank mates they would be safe with. Thinking about getting some for a 15 gal i have how many do you think would work

I have one, soon to get his own 5.5g:) I haven't had any experiences with tankmates, but I highly doubt they would work (there have been cases where they have been able to have both), but seeing mine eat I wouldn't test it! I would put between 3-4 DPs in there, but it all depends on how much you plant your tank. You want to fill that tank up to the brim with plants! They love sitting on leafs and zooming around the tall stem plants, or at least IME. Good luck!

I was reading about them the other day and they need five gallons each so you could possibly do three....you would want it to be heavily planted so there would be minimal territorial fights...and for tankmates I don't think there really are any good tankmates that can go with them they are best off in a species only tank

I have a single one in a planted 4 gallon. I have had him for around a week. They do best in a species only tank. I would do 3-5 in that space. Depending on your filtration and how heavily planted the tank is.
img_2547889_0_60ce318d48f4ed553b115b464da7d775.jpg

I'm guessing you all mean real plants, I have none so these little jewels may be out.

Yes live plants are preferable...but I'm sure fake ones wouldn't be to bad...I'm not sure though

Yes live plants are preferable...but I'm sure fake ones wouldn't be to bad...I'm not sure though

Yup. Live plants are usually preferred. There are a ton that could work in low light and are fairly cheap that you could pick up. But fakes will work just as well, they just need stuff. Loads of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom