peacock eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alLexX

Aquarium Advice Addict
ever since i decided agaianst a dino bichir for my 55,ive been looking for another fish that has that snakey look. do you guys think a peacock eel would work? i have 9 black skirt tetras,4 jewels(3 breed,wont be a problem unless it gets near there fry),1 rainbow shark(biggest wimp ever),1 raphael catfish,and 1 otto(kinda psychopathic...). george9's build reminded me of when i saw them and really liked them

Well, I'm not sure if they will go with your current stock, but as someone who has had peacocks in the past, they are awesome!! Be sure to have a soft substrate and lots of hiding spots.

It would work well with your stock. Any specific questions and i could help more:)

I hear peacock eels need like 120 gallons of water and preferably sand to use. My friend has told me because she planned to get one, but can't afford a tank of that size. Maybe research a bit if you're not particularly sure.

Get one! They're the coolest things ever, even though I have no idea where mine went lol.

Still, well worth the $12.59 :D

Gboy or Nu-Nu the eel would be the best guys to ask because I have only 24 hrs experience with them

dotswithchemicals said:
I hear peacock eels need like 120 gallons of water and preferably sand to use. My friend has told me because she planned to get one, but can't afford a tank of that size. Maybe research a bit if you're not particularly sure.

This is not true. They can live in as little as 40 gallons.

dotswithchemicals said:
Apparently she wanted a fire eel... not a peacock. So that's probably why I'm wrong. ^^;

Yeah fire eels get soo much bigger.

Pecock eels are great. Mine ate out of my hand within the first week and he never hides. That will be ok in 30-40 gallons of water, but it depends on what els is in the tank.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Pecock eels are great. Mine ate out of my hand within the first week and he never hides. That will be ok in 30-40 gallons of water, but it depends on what els is in the tank.

Very true about what the tank mates are. I had 2 they were the coolest things ever for the 10-15 minutes they lived :(

And that's no joke...

Lol convict dint you find out that one actually lived for a while and you didnt know?? Sad, but funny!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lol convict dint you find out that one actually lived for a while and you didnt know?? Sad, but funny!

Yea... He made it, don't know how but shortly after that we both know what happened :(

I think my crew is on steroids or something. There just bad to the bone!!

i got a dino with a tire track eel both cool but you think of a weather loach there a calm but active fish that has same look

i've got sand for my substrate,so i'm good on that front. what should i feed? i have frozen bloodworms,hbh shrimp pellets,omega one floating pellets,hbh frog and tadpole bites,hbh hermit crab food,and some tetra(i think)algea wafers. and i was looking into weather loaches(aka dojo loaches) once,and found out they are cold water.so they're no good

alLexX said:
i've got sand for my substrate,so i'm good on that front. what should i feed? i have frozen bloodworms,hbh shrimp pellets,omega one floating pellets,hbh frog and tadpole bites,hbh hermit crab food,and some tetra(i think)algea wafers. and i was looking into weather loaches(aka dojo loaches) once,and found out they are cold water.so they're no good

Bloodworms would be fine!

Yup 2 times a week. Not a full cube of blood worms tho, he will get bloated because they eat super fast

Yup 2 times a week. Not a full cube of blood worms tho, he will get bloated because they eat super fast
okay. i dont think he would get the whole cube even if i put it all in,the other fish are very competitive when it comes to food. gonna need a new hiding spot too,all the current ones are being used

Back
Top Bottom