Peacock eel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I really want a peacock eel, I like big fish, especially big bottom dwelling fish
I have a 55 gallon with sand substrate, can I keep a peacock eel in there? And will it eat sinking pellets?
Thank you!

So I really want a peacock eel, I like big fish, especially big bottom dwelling fish
I have a 55 gallon with sand substrate, can I keep a peacock eel in there? And will it eat sinking pellets?
Thank you!

Should be fine unless you have tiny fish. Also my bristlenose pleco didnt like mine. They are also notorious escape artist and can and will escape the smallest little hole you have in your hood.

Ok the smallest fish I have are scissor tail rasboras and they are 4 inches I have a small hole for the heater, can try escape through that?

Ok the smallest fish I have are scissor tail rasboras and they are 4 inches I have a small hole for the heater, can try escape through that?

Yes. I had one escape from either a heater hole or the slight gap between hood and lid.

No they will not eat pellet food , well most won't . Eels are very picky eaters !! I recommend feeding frozen blood worms , that's what I feed my fire eel ! But he won't touch anything else

I recommend using a turkey Baster . That's how I feed mine , you can do that until he gets friendl enough to hand feed

For variety it's great but the zebra spiny eel can be weaned to prepared sinking foods over time

Eels take a lot of patience , he prob will not eat on the first try . Once they get used to their environment they will begin to eat very well but it takes them awhile to adjust

Mine only took live earthworms. Never touched the bloodworms.

Mine injured himself on the filter intake and died :( make sure yours cant get hurt

Good point they are really prone to bacterial infections so you need to have a soft substrate (sand) ad sorta build the tank around them ! Avoid pointy decorations where they could cut thenselves

Back
Top Bottom